Home - VIS Vatican - Receive VIS - Contact us - Calendar

The Vatican Information Service is a news service, founded in the Holy See Press Office, that provides information about the Magisterium and the pastoral activities of the Holy Father and the Roman Curia...[]

Last 5 news

VISnews in Twitter Go to YouTube

Monday, December 13, 2004

POPE RECEIVES BISHOP, PILGRIMS FROM DIOCESE OF LOURDES


VATICAN CITY, DEC 11, 2004 (VIS) - One-hundred pilgrims from the diocese of Tarbes et Lourdes, including Bishop Jacques Perrier, were received in the Vatican this morning by Pope John Paul who thanked them for their "warm welcome" during his pilgrimage to the shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes in August to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the dogma of the Immaculate Conception.

  "I thank everyone who contributed to the fruitful realization of my trip. My thoughts go to those who are ill and to all the benefactors of shrines. I also unite myself to all pilgrims who come to entrust their intentions to Mary, Mother of the Church and our Mother, asking each one to place themselves as her disciple. Entrusting you to Our Lady and to St. Bernadette, I extend my apostolic blessing to you, to everyone in the diocese and to all who work at shrines."
AC/PILGRIMS LOURDES/PERRIER                VIS 041213 (160)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © VIS - Vatican Information Service